Standby Systems specialise in UPS and DC Systems, with a comprehensive range of UPS systems Standby Systems also offer and supply batteries, battery chargers, transformers and a large spares holding for servicing and repairs.
With over 50 years of combined UPS experience to rely on, and drawing from our vast in-house expertise and solid engineering base in the UPS industry, we are able to offer a complete solution which includes not only the UPS plant, but the power supply and distribution components too.
Standby Systems boast with a staff complement that include electrical engineers, trained installation and service technicians, sales consultants and quality, safety, service and accounts departments.
Celebrating 10 Years
Standby Systems is proud to have completed 10 years of successful trading in a highly competitive UPS industry.
Since our inception in 2003, Standby Systems have solidified their reputation as leaders in the South African UPS market. Backed by fifty years of industry expertise and factory trained service engineers, Standby Systems is able to offer a comprehensive solution to your critical infrastructure.
Standby Systems provides a comprehensive 24 hour call out facility and has the expertise to offer both emergency and preventative maintenance service on a wide range of UPS products.
- Planned service visits by factory trained technicians.
- Alleviate unplanned maintenance costs.
- Improve machine utilisation.
- Reduce likelihood of emergency breakdowns.
Our comprehensive first line spares holding along with service expertise enables us to offer a service solution to corporate clients who have various machine makes installed. We are ready to dispatch most critical spares within a 24 hour window ensuring minimum downtime.
- Comprehensive range of quality products.
- High level of technical competency and training.
- Pro-active technical and sales departments.
- High quality standards.
- Efficient after sales service and support.
- Documented SHEQ systems.
- Active management and supervision.
- Managing Director – Mr. Greg Bennett, ND NHD Elec. Eng HC – (23 Years Experience)
- Technical Director – Mr. Thamaga Dona, ND Elec. Eng LC -(12 Years Experience)
- Project Management team – (combined: 84 Years Experience)
- Technicians – (combined: 19 Years Experience)
- Financial department
- Warehousing and Logistics
- SHEQ Department
- ASGISA Staff members
- Support staff
- Is an Italian based UPS manufacturer.
- Specialise in both standard off the shelf systems as well as designed systems.
- Their research and development department boast with 25 engineers.
- High quality .and reliable products manufactured in Italy.
- Italy has one of the most comprehensive electronic and electrical industries in the world.
- They are able to provide clients with the latest electrical developments.
- Their factories are ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
- 4th largest manufacturer from Europe.
Their range includes:
- Off line UPS systems.
- Line interactive UPS systems.
- On line double conversion UPS systems with the largest Single Block available of 800kVA.
Advantages of their products:
- Comprehensive product range.
- Advanced .technology.
- Parallelable in n+n.
- No central bypass cabinet needed.
- Unique products available, for example, .a parallelable single phase machine.
- Up to 200kVA in one rack.
- Parallelable racks after 200kVA.
- Front and rear doors for easy access and maintainability.
- Fan speed control for cooling to achieve maximum life expectancy.
- AROS/RPS UPS Systems
- Modular UPS Systems
- Specially built industrial UPS plants
- A wide range of VRLA batteries including ELITE.
- Teletecnica Thyristor Battery Chargers
- Teletecnica Switch Mode Battery Charges
- Eskom Generation
- Anglo Ashanti
- Anglo American
- Mogale City
- SA Government
- ABSA ( 400 Units )
- We are the sole distributor for RIELLO Aros in South Africa outside Western Cape and Natal
- Based in Johannesburg with countrywide coverage for sales and service.
- Over 50 years of combined UPS expertise.
- Factory trained service engineers all with tertiary qualifications.
- Full spares holding in Johannesburg for the whole AROS range.
- BBBEE compliant to level 3
- Documented Quality Control Plan.
- Compliant to OSH Act Requirements with a documented Health and Safety Plan.
- DC work by ESKOM approved installers.
- Emergency and preventative maintenance.
- We provide a full 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 day a year call out facility.
- Providing after hour emergency technical assistance.